Friday, July 4, 2014

Ranking Rush's Albums - Revisited

Back on July 14 of 2010, I ranked Rush's albums according to which ones I thought were best.  Since then, Clockwork Angels was released in 2012 and I've not gone back and placed that album on the list.  I'm here to rectify this problem -

Clockwork Angels/2012 - I'm not sure how to categorize this album.  I like it, and songs like Caravan and The Garden are great.  The Wreckers is a top fifteen all time song for me.  Here's the hitch, this album sounds a little bit different, but not for a bad reason.  They are older, better and more confident in their abilities, allowing them to branch off into new styles.  I commend them on trying new things, but, in my opinion, it led to mixed results.  

Looking back at my list, place it at number 12, and move A Farewell to Kings and the rest down one more spot.

Side note, I give them tremendous kudos for talking the strings on stage with them on their last tour.  That kicked ass and gave their live show a new depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...