Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Creedence Clearwater Revival

I've spent a good chuck of the last three days in my basement, avoiding the world, as I digest the funeral.  It was a nice funeral, with an abundance of flowers, a nice priest and a pretty good turnout.  It then went to the cemetery, while my sister in law's friend and I moved all of the flowers and memorabilia to the reception hall, where we dined on an extremely tasty lunch from a local Italian restaurant.  The tortallini was exceptional, praise this east coast, Italian and Portuguese Rhode Island raised boy does not bestow willy nilly.

Afterwards, we went to the hotel, where the family was staying, and had desserts.  By the time we were all done on Saturday, my entire family was exhausted.  I ended up sleeping nearly 12 hours.  On Sunday, we had a nice lunch with remaining family in town, but we're now moving on.  The emptiness and the loss present; the purpose gone.

I've been listening to some great albums I've not heard in a long time.  Creedence Clearwater Revival is part of that playlist.  I find when I'm lost, I turn to my music. embracing the friend I can always depend on.

One thing I'm having a hard time moving past is the close family members who did not show, namely two siblings and his ex.  I understand the frustration they might've had while on this mortal coil, but to not even find enough of a memory to go to the funeral of someone you endured a large portion of your life with...inexcusable.

He would have loved the party.  I hope he was able to get a good view from where ever he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...