Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Frustration

I want to be active in my community so there are numerous community organizations I volunteer for. One of these organizations has become a real burr under my saddle. I am going to these meetings and I hear these people talk about how the head of a similar organization in another part of town is openly arguing that if there are going to be funding cuts, that they should start with our group and neighboring groups as opposed to his group.

I suggest, through my contacts and experience, that I go after this person, debate-wise, and call him out for his irrational argument. All the sudden everyone in my group says,"oh no! We don't want to seem to be aggressive or mean spirited." Well, the guy who's getting all of the headlines doesn't seem to mind being aggressive and mean spirited.

If you complain about someone being mean or unfair to you, but when you have the opportunity to defend yourself or even fight back, you shy away, you have just forfeited the right to complain about the outcome of the situation. If you have a chance to act and you fail to do so, you're just as responsible, if not more responsible, for the outcome than if you did act.

A good carpenter uses all of his tools in the toolbox. And as many of you know, I am a tool. Use me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...