Saturday, February 3, 2018

4 Years...

Four years ago, I stopped drinking.  It was one of the top five decisions in my life.

Still sober, and the desire to drink rarely enters my mind.  I (ironically) did dream last night I was at a sporting event and I started drinking a beer.  It didn't taste good.  It was weak, watered down, in one of those old waxy paper cups, and eleven dollars.  I woke up, annoyed I'd even gone down that road, but my dreams, where I have little control, are about the only place I venture down that path anymore.

It's also been a good year in regards to her, the catalyst to my drinking.  I think of her far less than I did at the beginning of year four.

Once again, no celebrating until year 5.  Then I'll have done something; begun a journey for the better which I'll be on for the rest of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...