Saturday, October 31, 2015

October 31st

Who wants to hear a ghost story?

This photo:


is my ghost photo.  I'd been walking along the coast near Galway, Ireland.  I was on this very quaint Irish walking path and I walked past an old man.  We were the only ones on the path that afternoon.  He was moving really slow, so I got past him pretty quickly.  I walked about 100 ft and turned around to see this idyllic Irish scene, and so I took a picture.  I actually framed the photo with the old man blocking the sun to try to get more color in it.   This was back in the days of film in cameras, so I didn't get to see the image until I had returned stateside.

As you can see on the picture, this was a flat area with no turns or buildings in it, outside of the shack in the far distance.  The old man wasn't in the photo. I thought a long time, but there seemed to be no way he could have either gotten past me, turned off to where I could've not seen him wandering across the grass, or have turned around and made it back to the shack.  For goodness sake, I distinctly remember his head blocking the sun when I took the shot.

When I went back to Ireland two years later I went to the same spot.  I looked and still could not see where the old man could have gone.  I know I saw him.

Happy Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...