Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Make Believe

Let's play make believe!
In our suburban bereave, under the eaves
Engage in fantasy, as reality unweaves

I'll pretend to be a blue collar worker
A shirker, hurker, jerker, smirker!
I'll pay big money to get clothes
Which will transpose and disclose
Allow me to pose with out offending the nose
Then I'll get a truck
Not one that sucks
One that makes me a big buck
I run amok, I'll never get stuck
While we all head to the Mall
Never heeding the wild's call.
About my motorcycle I'll get frantic,
Obsess over organic,
Pretend to be a romantic
As sycophantics appease
And my pedantic antics
Prevent me from becoming manic

You too can can play and portray,
Pay someone to make your display
For the PTA, a nay bouquet
While you hit the gym, to stay slim
Maybe flirt with him? Work you limbs,
And swim, becoming trim
To compete while your child bleats
She gets beat, triumphant defeat for her meat
You can bring in your team
The house theme? Gleam!
Seam to seam
Your fake balance beam,
Per diem with your screen regime
Screaming the American dream
Thank God for drugs,
A bear hug, keeping your mug snug
Just plug a chug from the jug

Then there's the food
Never home stewed or cued
Exuded, extruded, and delude for you
So you can chew and chew and chew and chew
There or at home, where you gloam
Your Rome when you're not roaming.
An existence that's fake
Where you're forsake, by the lake
And ache for a remake,
A new take away from the snake
We'll play parents
Lavish them with presents,
To circumvent the malcontents and discontents
Taking credit for them being ladies and gents
If they're full of resent, we'll misrepresent
The turn of events.

And then we'll die
A cry, a sigh, exposing the lie
We tried to deny.
Goodbye...

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...