Sunday, October 12, 2014

Loss

A dear friend of mine just lost her brother.  It was unexpected.  It was sudden.  He was 35.  She is devastated.

There is nothing I can say to her, or anyone, in this situation.  This was completely unexpected.  Relatively healthy man in his prime says he isn't feeling well and then he is gone.  It's not like watching someone pass away who was 98, or someone who had had a long drawn out fight with a serious illness slowly slip away.  All you can do is let them know you are there if they need you.

All my prayers, thoughts and love for you and your family, M.



Tree At My Window, by Robert Frost


Tree at my window, window tree,
My sash is lowered when night comes on;
But let there never be curtain drawn
Between you and me.
Vague dream-head lifted out of the ground,
And thing next most diffuse to cloud,
Not all your light tongues talking aloud
Could be profound.
But tree, I have seen you taken and tossed,
And if you have seen me when I slept,
You have seen me when I was taken and swept
And all but lost.
That day she put our heads together,
Fate had her imagination about her,
Your head so much concerned with outer,
Mine with inner, weather.



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 26th...